Thursday 25 February 2016

Story #184 - Park bench therapy (part 3)



"I like to push buttons."
"Is that you job? Or more of a hobby? Does it pay well?"
"..."
"At least I could make you laugh."
"And you made yourself smile in the process."
"Your mission is complete then, isn't it?"
"Do you want to get rid of me that fast?"
"Yes. I like to be sad alone."
"Why must you be sad in the first place?"
"Cause... I don't like my life."
"Change it."
"It's not that easy."
"What's stopping you?"
"I have never thought it."
"You mean you were sad just to be sad instead of making a change?"
"... Now that you say it out loud, yeah, exactly like that."
"Since you're heard it out loud, what are you going to do about it?"
"I don't know. I wasn't planning on anything. Just sulking and going through the motions, and hoping that one day something will happen that'll wake me up."
"What if something inside you were to happen to warrant that outside change?"
"I don't see anything at the moment."
"Have you ever seen something?"
"A long time ago."
"What happened to that guy?"
"I guess he became complacent, he lost his smile, and he just got bored."
"Let's try something that'll unbore you."
"Like what?"
"Hey, you're stuck in a rut. You need some fresh things in your life. Be quiet and come along."

No comments:

Post a Comment