Thursday 4 February 2016

Story #163 - It was supposed to be a regular day (part 18)



Damn. The aspirin is horrible. Yuck. I need to drink something to soothe my mouth.
"Do you have any juice?"
"I don't remember," Jim says. "Besides, you checked it before."
"I only remember a lot of alcohol, and I don't want that now."
"Juice won't do you any good. Food might."
"So you've been drunk before."
"Not really. I just saw how my parents acted."
"Uh-huh. Not everything is the same for everybody."
"True, but some are. Like aspirin."
"It sucks."
"Probably, but it'll be useful for you."
"Argh...you're making my headache worse."
"I know." He laughs.
"Asshole."
"Sometimes."
Laughing, he went back into the kitchen.
Stacy is looking at me with her head in her palms. "Why'd you go so overboard?" She says.
"I don't wanna talk about it." How could I? I'm an idiot. A jealous one.
"What do you want to eat?"
"I don't know what you eat in these conditions. Chicken? A burger?"
"I'll go ask him, then."
"Okay."
I think I shouldn't have come to his house after all. Or invited Stacy for that matter. I'm such a gloomy person... Oh, I need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment