Saturday 13 February 2016

Story #172 - The perils of going on a diet



"That's it. Tomorrow I'm going on a diet." I said to myself after I ate a few bags of chips and downed them with beer. 
I became heavy for a while, and couldn't prevent myself from not gaining weight. 
But this time I decided to stop it. I couldn't fit in my trousers any longer and that bummed me out as I enjoyed walking around in them.

Tomorrow came and I grabbed a salad, which made me hungrier, so I had gnocchi and some fruit from a can. Needless to say, I couldn't move afterwards. Despite being busy with various things, I couldn't do anything. My brain kept yelling at me to move, yet my carcass decided it wasn't worth the effort. 
All this, and instead of reading or at least something to stimulate myself, I decided to jump on my bed, pull the duvet over, and close my eyes. 
Bad decision. Woke up around 9 pm, feeling like a hangover started. Didn't know what to do. 
Stayed up an hour and crashed. It was worse then before. I did it with my head on the table, in front of the laptop. Regained consciousness around 4 in the morning, when I had the munchies and the crunchies. Didn't know which one I should do first, but the can won.

Diets don't work for me, so I have to figure out something else. I heard that walking a lot and running might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment