Wednesday 3 February 2016

Story #162 - It was supposed to be a regular day (part 17)



After five minutes of throwing up, which felt like an eternity, I went back to the living room, with my hand on my head, trying to ease the burden of the dizzy eyes.
"You look like an ice cream with chocolate sprinkles," Jim says.
"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"
"No. Just me."
"Oh."
"Here," Stacy hands me a glass of something that looks like water. "Drink it."
I put my lips on it and sipped a little bit. "It's warm." I say as I stick my tongue and tug my cheeks down.
"Yeah. Should make you feel better."
"I think I have some aspirin or some other pill in the house." He says and leaves me with her.
"You're an idiot." She says and presses her hand against my forehead.
"I wanted to enjoy myself. Like you guys were."
"Oh, you mean us kissing?"
"You don't have to spill it out, you know."
"I know. It's weird, that's all. I..."
"I think I found them," Jim shouted from the kitchen.
We were stuck looking at each other, but quickly backed away. She did, at least, since I was still trying to figure out how to clutch myself back into position.
"Here. Swallow them." He grabs my palm, turns it around, and puts two in it. Now I'm wondering if this day can go any worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment