Tuesday 16 February 2016

Story #175 - The man that hated



"Help me."
"What?"
"Just some bread, please?"
"Bread you say? That's not gonna do you any good."
"Anything that you can spare."
"I can't spare anything."
"Okay. Thank you for your time."
"Mate, how did you end up like this?"
"You seem like a busy man."
"I can listen."
"I'd rather not bother you."
"Have it your way."

Might I say that I'm glad he was bothered. I'm tired of these people popping on the streets every other week and ask for sympathy. It's their damn fault for getting there in the first place. Why should I give to everyone?

"What if, one day, something bad will fall on you and you can't have an income anymore?"
"Who said that?"
"Your soul."
"Hah."
"You can laugh, but you can't deny that it hasn't crossed your mind."
"I don't know what I'll do in that situation."
"Neither did most of them, which is why they're in this situation."
"Yeah, well, I'm not giving anyone my nice feelings."
"Okay. You'll want some of that one day. I'll look forward to how you'll feel when you'll suffer the same."
"Sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment