Monday 15 February 2016

Story #174 - Improptu talk show segment (final part)



And now we are back on the air. I've picked myself off the floor. Rachel is all smiles, sitting beside me, biting her lower left part of the lip. Damn. She kissed me earlier. I still can't believe that happened.
However, now we have to fix Dan. He's motionless, despite everybody trying to revive him during the break.
"Hi again. Welcome to the young and the pouty. If you were expecting something different, then you'd better stay on the channel as you might experience just that." I said. Where the hell am I getting this stuff from?
"Hey, you little rascal." He's not replying. Hmm...
I go over to his side of the desk and try to pick him up like you do with a baby, but he's too heavy. And he's not speaking, either. I don't think he minds it. I try it in a different way, and lift him up by the waist onto my shoulder. He's still not saying anything.
I go over back to where I was siting and put him, gently, on the chair. He looks like he's dead. Inside, at least.
I really don't know what to do with the man, so I simply go back to the desk and sit in his office chair. Feels weird being like this.
"Alright, we are joined by the wonderful Rachel, and the sulking Dan. Let's give them a round of applause. Now, I don't know what's wrong with that the host, or former host, at least for tonight..." I get interrupted when the producer tells me something. "Apparently, he ate bad squid, so he might have indigestion. Good thing I don't eat fishy stuff. Just look at that face. It's the face that says I made a mistake for lunch."
"Since this is our first edition, and we don't have a script, as you could tell, what will happen next is beyond me."
"Rachel, what would you like to do?"
"Talk about fishes."
"Do you like the blowfish?"
"I've never seen it."
"What about the puffer fish?"
"Haven't seen that one either."
"Which one have you seen?"
"I haven't seen one, but I'd like to see a trout some day."
"Okay. I know a place where the catch is good."
"What about Dan?"
"He'll get indigestion again. Do you want to go now?"
"Okay," she said and stood up.
"That's all, folks. See you again, maybe, on the young and the pouty. Have a lovely night. I have fishing to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment