Wednesday 2 September 2015

Story #8 - Being calm


"Captain! Captain! The ship is about to fall, Captain!"
"I can see that. You've been telling me for the past five minutes about it, and there's only one thing to say about that."
"What?"
"There's nothing I can do."
"But...but... You're the captain of the ship!"
"Yeah. We're in the middle of nowhere. We're above water. And if we were to go at full speed, the nearest place where we could land would be at least six hours away."
"Then we are doomed."
"Yes."
"In that case, why am I still running all over the place?"
"That's what I'd like to know myself. Just calm down, or as calm as you can be in this situation, grab yourself a beer from the fridge, and let's hope something happens. Or we have an idea, because we sure as hell don't have any parachutes."

"I can't. I can't drink this and calm down. Not physically possible."
"I'd knock you out, but... I've got it."
"What?"
"The idea."
"What is it?"
"I'll let you know when we're going down."
"Now you're making me even more agitated."
"Don't make me punch you."
"I'm not."
"Then drink your damn beer, keep shut, and enjoy the ride of a lifetime."

No comments:

Post a Comment