Saturday 26 March 2016

Story #214 - Lunch break conversation (part 12)



"Hey," I say to the bartender. "Do you have a female colleague working right now?"
"No... Why?"
"Oh, my friend tried to eat one of your fries, and dashed right to the loo. I wanted to know how she's feeling."
"Really? I hope it's nothing serious."
"I hope so, too."
"There are no other customers, and if you would like, you can go in and check."
I can't believe he said that. It's true it's the only option, but still. Wasn't this day supposed to be alright? If only I hadn't pissed of Sarah. Me and my stupid tongue. 
"I suppose I could-" A sound came from the ladies'. We looked at one another, then ventured towards there. 
"It was harsh, wasn't it?" He said on the way. I nodded.
We stopped at the door. I didn't know what to do. He might have noticed, and decided to knock. "Are you okay in there?" No reply. He knocked again. Nothing. He looked at me. "Do you want to go in or should I?"
"I'll...I'll go." Why the heck was I trembling? 
I open the door, not too fast, not too slow, and peak. Because I'm a moron. She's on the floor, not moving, fully clothed. I turn back and look at the bartender. "We might need an ambulance." 
He glances at me, then barges in the loo. I see the situation from the doorway as he check up on her. 
"You're right." He leaves Purple Rain and goes right past me. I go to her and pick her up. 'She's lighter than I thought.'

No comments:

Post a Comment