Monday 21 March 2016

Story #209 - Lunch break conversation (part 7)



I arrive at the library in due time. still upset about what happened in class. "I don't know if I can talk to Sarah anymore," goes through my head as I try to imagine what a future conversation with her might be like.
"Hey," I hear from behind me. I turn around to see her. "Looking grumpy I see." I'm actually relieved, but I can't take that on my face right away.
"Yeah, well, they made a stupid joke."
"Don't let it bother you."
"By the way, I haven't asked your name."
"Do we really need names? Let's just use codes instead." She smiles at me as my eyebrows rise.
"What kind of codes?"
"Like..." she goes in deep thought about this. You'd figure one would ask the other about their name at some point, so she should've been prepared; at least what I think. "Purple Rain and White Room."
I stop. I look at her with my right eyebrow raised and my left one lowered. "Are those some kind of hippy names?"
"Hahaha. They're from some songs. Old songs. Maybe those guys were hippies, I don't know. I don't care."
"I see. Which one am I?"
"White Room."
"Any special meaning behind it?"
"Maybe, but I'm not telling you just yet."
"Oh, come on."
"No, no. Now let's carry on, or we'll be late."
"I didn't know we had a schedule."
"We do. I have planned all sorts of things for us today," she pauses to look into my eyes. "Tonight included."
"Is this a pity thing?" Flashes through my head. "Maybe she's from a cult. Oh, hell. Suppose I'll get brainwashed later. Or it might be my last day to see people alive... God the kind of stuff that goes through my head is enough to make others put themselves in therapy."

No comments:

Post a Comment