Saturday 19 March 2016

Story #207 - Lunch break conversation (part 5)



"Why did you do that to me?" I say, still guided by the hand.
"Huh? You mean why I took you away?" Her voice arrived, soft as an otter's fur.
"Yeah. You're not laughing like the rest of them."
"I had the initial giggle because I didn't know what was going on. I thought it was something rehearsed, so normally, you laugh. But then I saw your reaction and figured she was just being crude."
"Sarah was, although I said something stupid and got her mad. She kinda went overboard."
"What did you say?"
At this point, we were quite far from the scene of the crime. After she spoke those words, she let go of my hand, then turned to look at me. I still had the remains of a stream on my face as it continued to glance at the floor.
She pressed her curved pointer finger under my chin and lifted it.
Our eyes met; hers were sparkling.
"I...I...I...I..." I sounded like a broken record once I flurried my view over her figure.
"That's okay. I can tell you're sorry." She drove her pointer over my cheek, shoveled gently part of the river, enough to create a small ditch, and pressed it over hers. "Now we can be tear friends." She closed her eyes, inched her head forward and to the side, and smiled something so innocent you'd wonder if she was a late teenager or a toddler. I almost became flushed again, but I decided to keep it in; instead, I drove my lips into her right cheek as I hugged her.

No comments:

Post a Comment