Wednesday 16 March 2016

Story #204 - Lunch break conversation (part 2)



Sarah had her hand up as I got lost in the shuffle of too many bodies and too few brains.
"Why was that woman upset with you?" She quickly asked when I haven't had the chance to sit down.
"Because I was daydreaming, and that I wasn't sure of my food choice." I replied as I took a seat.
"I'd be, too. You always eat these vegetables. Why don't you try something different?"
"Nothing else to try. Every thing is over cooked or just plain junk. Even these aren't that great, but it is what it is. I should start making my own food."
"But you're too lazy, right?"
"I don't have enough time."
"Sure, sure."
"True."
"That's why when I come by your dorm room, you're playing some game."
"I have to relax, you know."
"Making a meal is also relaxing."
"If it's that nice, how about you make me something?"
"Excuse me?"
"You keep telling me to do it, yet you don't do it yourself."
"Still..."
"What?"
"We don't have that kind of relationship."
"So?"
"What do you mean so?"
"It'll prepare you for your future husband. Or a boyfriend, whenever that would be."
Now, I probably shouldn't have said the last few things, but the last one took the cake. She looked surprised during our chat, and after I said what I said, she started looking at me with eyes wide open and head tilted to the left side; her nostrils are puffed up, too.
I try to smile and say something; nothing comes out. Her criminal glance doesn't change, either.
Can someone help?

No comments:

Post a Comment