Sunday 31 January 2016

Story #159 - It was supposed to be a regular day (part 14)


And the first match starts. I've got two aces, two kings, and a two. I'm already set. Better not show it on my face.
"I'll take two cards," Jim says. "Anybody else?"
"Three for me."
"I want one," I indulge.
He swipes it over as if saying "You ain't winning this, mate." I bare my teeth as I pick it up. Three of spades. It's not going to help me much.
"I fold," Stacy says.
The guy looks at me, suggesting I should do the same. I pick up my lovely two pair and throw them on the table.
"Nice. Here's mine." And he brings forth two aces, two kings, and a two. "Now what do you have there?"
I didn't think we'd be this tight, so I didn't reveal my three. Guess I'll do it now.
"Ooooh, so close. Looks like I lose."
"Indeed. Strip or dare?"
"...strip." And he takes off one sock.
"What the heck is that?"
"Stripping. I have less clothes on."
"We'll be here until tomorrow at this rate."
"Not like there's anything worthwhile tomorrow."
Funny.
I hadn't touched my can much, but after this I grabbed it and downed it. Need to be bolder.

No comments:

Post a Comment