Monday 18 January 2016

Story #146 - It was supposed to be a regular day (part 1)



I woke up at 5. Class starts at 6:30.
I went about my routine, washing, brushing, eating cereal while trying to be keep my eyelids lit for longer than 5 seconds. It's such a pain to be awake at this ungodly hour. Really, who was the smart one that said school should start this early?
I made my way into the bus, that almost left without me. I catch it like that every time. And the bastard's never late, either.
I don't know why, but it feels like I'm drunk when I'm on this particular vehicle. It's bumpy, it's shaky, and my head's spinning like I had at least five shots.
I make my way into class with 5 minutes to spare, enough to arrange myself.
Most of my classmates are like me, cranky and unwilling to chat. Which is great. Of course, there are always those people who are peppy, energetic, like they have the bunny inside them, making them function at all cylinders, all the time.
"How's it goin', George?" Stacy says. She's one of them. I usually talk to her, but not on mornings. She's a nice girl. We hang out a lot.
"Grrr..." I grunt.
"How can you be cold when we're it's so hot outside?"
I shrug. I know she's waiting for an answer, and I can't give it to her. Eventually, she leaves me alone.
The teacher steps in followed by someone I haven't seen yet.
"I'd like you all to greet your new colleague, who moved from Essex." He says.
"Hi, I'm Mean... Sorry, I mean I'm Jim." I chuckle. Nobody else is, though. You should've come later, mate. "Let's have some fun." This blond-haired guy saw the desk next to me open and sat down.
I had Stacy on my right. New kid on my left.
"Sounds like fun," I thought as I was awake at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment