Tuesday 17 May 2016

Story #266 - The sun deceives

Yesterday was glowing. The sun brought its A game over to my crummy little place that had mostly rain and the occasional non-rainy day.
I figured I'd go out in shorts, something a bit rare in these parts.
It was fine for the first few hours, but as soon as I stepped inside this shopping mall, the clouds arrived. Ten minutes later and all I could hear on the glass was "toc, toc, toc, toc".
A sane person would grab a cab and head home, if their outing was finished. Me? I stayed in there until the night came, hoping the shower would die out. Well, it didn't.
It did not and I was cold, flustered, and annoyed at my wasted day when it started off so shiny.
Maybe that was a secret message from old red patch in the sky to no get cocky or hopeful in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment