Wednesday 4 May 2016

Story #253 - Old habits resurface (part 10)

"H-hi." I stumble my words as I glance at her figure. Her lips had the right shade of red, so much so that the roses on the bar counter started blushing. Make-up was barely present, with a tint of shade on her cheeks, to make them shine in the sparkling light. However, when my eyes met hers, I felt like when the Titanic hit the iceberg. And I couldn't get out of there.
"I've noticed you and your open shoes. I wondered how you got inside, but then I remember there's nobody there. Anybody off the streets can come in, huh? What brings you here?"
That was really fuckin' smooth on your part. Not only did I feel like shit coming in here, but now I only want to get out asap.
"People seemed to have fun inside and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about."
"Like this kind of dancing?"
"I haven't seen it in my life."
"Supposed to be tango, but everyone's doing some variation of their own."
"Are you an expert or something?"
"Kinda. You a total amateur in general?"
"I know the two-step."
"Right step to the side, back in again?"
"How'd you guess?"
"Hunch."
"So..."
"What?"
"You came over to talk smack to me and have a good day?"
"Oh, honey, if you think that was smack talk, you're naive. As for me having a good day, that's not really the case. How about we dance?"
"I'm injured in case you don't see."
"That's alright. I can work you over."
I gulped.

No comments:

Post a Comment