Thursday 1 October 2015

Story #37 - Don't have friends like these


It's getting dark. I've been in this house for four days. It was me and four friends. I'm alone right now. One after the other, night after night. All their stuff are in their rooms, yet no one was shocked afterward. Maybe they didn't care. Hell, they were even asking me if I knew whose belongings those were. I almost snapped. But I kept my composure and said that I was expecting some friends. I even gave their names, and they looked at me like people at the start of viral videos.
Anyway, it's getting dark.

The phones have stopped working this morning. I should've called the police right after Marie vanished, but I figured she went with Josh somewhere and was messing with everybody. All four of them were. I was wrong. If they were messing with me, why would they leave everything here, including their phones and wallets? Did they go out in their PJ's? Not those people. They couldn't get out of the house without gel in their hair, mascara, lipstick, make-up, and some other stuff that I have no idea what it is.

I've had this pizza ready for five minutes now. Popcorn, too. I can eat it all, but I don't want to. I want to share. Where are humans when you need them? I have to stop thinking about that. The movie is starting.

The house is silent, except for the TV and my mouth. And that's alright.

Thunder sounded off just now. It didn't come from the screen, nor from the outside. It came from behind me. Beyond the couch. I...don't want to look.
I'll pretend nothing happened, and just eat more pizza.

Another thunder. Louder. I fart. Loud. It smells. Something grabs my shoulder. It's bony.
"You are the last piece of my puzzle. I can be alive again."
Is what I heard in a shivered kind of a whisper. Gave me goosebumps. Made me drop the pizza. My hands started twitching. My hole started releasing more gas. I closed my eyes.

I don't know what happened after that, but I found myself in a cemetery, wearing the same clothes. Then I saw my friends talking right near a crypt. I blinked a couple of times, then I rubbed my eyes. It was them.
I decided to close my eyes again. Big mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment