Wednesday 7 October 2015

Story #43 - Going in the zoo


"Stacy, Stacy..."
"Huh? What?"
"Stop reading on your damn phone. We're in the zoo now. Look at the animals."
"Seen one, seen them all."
"Do you really mean?"
"Yuh."
"Well, look. This monkey is giving us the finger."
"It's a chimpanzee, and I'm giving it my finger."
"Smart. Now it's going ballistic."
"So? That's why it's in a cage, isn't it?"
"Imagine if it were out."
"That's boring. Let's go somewhere else."
"Where?"
"I don't know. Aren't there any other type of animals around?"
"You said that if you saw one, you saw all of them."
"Yeah, well... Pictures are nice. And documentaries. But I wanna see something different than your average chimp or random bird like the magpie."
"Fine. Look. A giraffe."
"Boring."
"Zebra?"
"No."
"Hippo?"
"Yawn."
"What do you want to see?"
"A lion murdering a human."
"Er... Yeah... There aren't lions in here."
"That's a shame."
"Oh, look, a tiger. I'm jumping in."
"What????"
"See you in a few minutes."
"Stacy's really going in. Without fear. Now three of them saw her. They're growling. She doesn't care. She's just running towards that tree. One went after her. Boy does he have speed. Shit. I think he just clawed her leg. And she's rolling. The tiger's on top of her. And it just bit her hand right off. She's screaming. I couldn't care less. Oh, a guy with a rifle popped it and darted the beast. The others scattered around. Stacy's crying, but at least she's safe. I hope she'll enjoy that thrill forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment