Monday 26 October 2015

Story #62 - What's this love thing? (part 3)


I waited until ten in the morning. I was anxious, restless, peppy. I needed something to do while I could call Scott. He was the guy every girl wanted to have as a friend, and he wouldn't have wanted it otherwise. But what he wanted was...unattainable. 
"Dan, love, how have you been?"
"Great. Listen. Do you have Julie's number?"
"I do."
"Can I have it, please?"
"Depends."
"On?"
"What I get in exchange."
"And what do you have on your mind?"
"A date."
"Err...if there won't be any fooling around."
"No fooling around."
"Okay."
"Yeah?"
"Sure."
"Magnificent. I'll text you her number right away."
"Cool."
Yeah. He kinda put me under the bus there. I hope I won't regret it.

I had her number five minutes later. I was even more pumped up. Hell, I was sweating like a bloody waterfall. If you saw me, you'd think I just finished a five kilometer run. 
I put her number in and dialed. After the first ring I discovered that I didn't know what to say. My mind went blank. 
"Hello?"
Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment