Saturday 31 October 2015

Story #67 - What's this love thing? (part 8)


I gulped as we were staring into each other's eyes.
For a Halloween-themed party, we're probably the only ones not in that mood. And it's not even the 31st yet.
Not many people around. And that's alright. Julie's enough.
Clara approaches me. She's all smiles and dressed in a low-cut red dress, with just the amount of make-up needed. Man she's gorgeous. But my eyes are on Julie. Clara introduces me to her friends. Although my lips are in an upwards swing, and my hands meet theirs in a firm way, I don't care. What I'm going to say to her is the only thing on my mind.
"Dan! I'm surprised you're here," she says after I passed through Clara's friends.
"So am I. Clara was quite persuasive."
"Was she?"
"I didn't know you two were still in touch."
"Yeah. We hit it off... You never replied to my message."
There it is. "I didn't know what to say, and while I was reading it, Clara saw me and wanted to read it herself. I had to switch it off."
"And what's your answer?"
"Wanna go somewhere else?"
"It'd be rude to her."
"I think I can explain it."
She laughed while I headed towards our friend. She was entertaining her own.
I tapped her on her shoulder. When she looked my way, her eyes were big.
"Well, Dan, what's going on there?"
"Um..."
"Well?"
"Is it alright if we leave?"
She laughed. "Okay."
"Thanks."
"You didn't have to ask my permission, though."
"I figured since you invited me here, I'd at least do this."
"You're such a friend."
"Don't spoil my mood."
"Bye."
I also said my goodbyes to her friends, then I turned toward Julie. I increased my step until I reached her. I grabbed her hand and I almost sprinted to the steps.
"Hey, slow down, alright?"
"Sorry."
"We have plenty of time."
I bared my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment