Thursday 24 December 2015

Story #121 - The unwanted home (part 2)


As we were under the table's cover, we heard some bangs crash down the stairs. I could hear the alarmed breaths of my friend as I covered my mouth. I could get emotional easily.
I could see a light seeping in through our plastic hideout. It approached the table. Michael grabbed me and we were about to run away, when it vanished.
"Do you think we should go out?" he whispered.
I shook my head. "Let's wait a little," I whispered back.
So we did that, switching from looking at each other to looking on our sides, hoping it wouldn't reappear.
I don't know how much time passed, but my eyelids were going down. I raised them only to see that his were down. His head fell on my shoulder. We were embraced. It was warm. Despite the awkward position, with my knees under my thighs, I my eyelids collapsed as my forehead went against his shoulder.
When I woke up, I found myself on the floor, the table sprawled around, and no Michael in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment