Sunday 6 December 2015

Story #103 - Having fun (part 6)


Dating is something I've never been good at. Although there were nice girls in high-school and college, I was afraid to approach them. Getting rejected, feeling sad, something I had avoided at all costs.
Whenever I watched shows or movies about romantic couples, I would get a glimmer in my eye. I would wonder how it would be like for myself to have a significant other. I figure I'd be happier, that I'd have somebody with whom I could do stuff with. Then I'd get angry when I see some dipshit on the street go with some crappy lines or with a mild aggression and hook up with a girl. Is this what we've come up with? Are nice guys that far behind that they aren't allowed to have a girlfriend, and only be friend-zoned? Who the hell even likes that?
Females are...a weird species. They like to bicker, even though it doesn't make much sense. They like to argue and you are advised not to carry on.
But they also like to make you smile and giggle.
I am a hopeless romantic. I still believe in fairy tales, which is why I'm going to this event tonight. I know it's not where I will find a girlfriend. However, I want to talk to some, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment