Friday 29 April 2016

Story #248 - Old habits resurface (part 5)

"Wake up." *smack*
"Ow!"
I plop open my eyes and see this woman with wrinkles stretching on her chin and cheeks as she widens her mouth to talk to me.
"Asshole."
"How did you find out?"
"They had your wallet and phone."
"Oh."
"How could you?"
"I lost my job. I felt like shit. One pint turned into multiple. I was supposed to be safe."
"Until a car smacked, eh?"
"I don't need this right now, mum."
"Neither do I, but I can keep you here for a short period."
"I can go anytime, thanks."
"No, you can't. You can't even clean yourself properly now with your hand in a cast."
"I can."
"Cook? No. Work? No. Just shut up and relax."
"Fine. I'll sit here on the couch, wasting my time crying my pain away."
"Good."

No comments:

Post a Comment