Friday 22 July 2016

Story #332 - How the meeting happened

I'm here, in Rachel's parents' house, and both of them look like they're about to jump with weird, nonsensical, parenty type questions; Rachel's relaxed.
"So, how did you two meet? She hasn't told us. Our daughter doesn't tell us much about her life."
"Mom..."
"Oh, it was quite the tale. I was walking by the beach one day, for some fresh air, when I see this girl in a bikini, ready to jump in the water, to go for a swim probably. I look at her and shout 'Wait, don't jump just yet. It's not worth it. You haven't met me.' She turns around, looks at me, and says 'Bye,' waving."
Her parents are staring at me, while she's laughing. Of course, I'm smiling. 
"Uh-huh. And after that?"
"I jumped in after her and attacked her with a shark fin. It was so funny seeing her freak out, you wouldn't believe."
At this point I'm laughing, too. We're slightly butting heads in laughter.
"I don't know if that was real or not, but you two have a weird sense of humor," her dad says. 
They sat up and took off, probably to the kitchen, leaving us alone to knock ourselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment