Tuesday 5 July 2016

Story #315 - Where's my phone? final part

I didn't know what to believe at this point, but figured that opening the window wouldn't be a bad idea.
And when I did, tears streamed down my cheeks and chin.
The people outside were all dead. A pile of carcasses, some bloodier than others. Guts spilled out on the concrete ground, which barely had any of that grey-blue colour it has when being set.
The sky was bright, the clouds were missing, and the giant yellow star brought the temperature high enough. The smell, again, was giving me a hard time handling things.
Being on the first floor of this building, I wondered if I could die by jumping out, but that's way too big of a stretch upon looking down.
Still, judging by how weak and fatigued I am, I will die in a day, at most.
I'll take the plunge.
"I'm sorry, world. I couldn't find out the problem. Bye."

"Doctor, his vitals have gone."
"What time is it?"
"12:01."
"It's unfortunate as he had been fighting the disease for such a long time. I hope he found solitude within."

No comments:

Post a Comment