Sunday 17 July 2016

Story #327 - The funeral guy #final #part

Then she gave me the ticket.

"Dear Ma'am,
I am unfamiliar with your son, yourself, or any other member of your family or friends.
I am a passerby who lied to get inside because I want to see how people cope with the loss of their loved one. It sounds strange, I know, but I don't have anybody to mourn after. That should not sadden you, although I suppose it might.
However, when I stepped into this funeral place, I felt a sense of belonging.
We will probably never see each other again, and regardless of that, I would like to thank you for making me feel like I had someone to care for for the first time in my life.
You must miss your son, George, deeply, to have been able to go at such great lengths.
Thank you for your hospitality."

No comments:

Post a Comment