Tuesday 18 February 2014

Savior? - For Trifecta



I remember the first time I went into a funk. I had been laid off in a moment where everything in my life was going bad. My wife had an abortion behind my back and left me. Then my parents died.
The job, while not as important, was the cream on the pavlova.

Alone, I became a hermit. My beard and hair grew and I looked like a homeless guy.
Neighbors ran away from me and store guards ordered me out. They said I stank and scared the customers.
Whatever.

A couple of weeks after everything sprawled out of control, my cousin visited me.
School started soon and said I was the cheapest alternative to dorms. I don't know if it was a compliment.
Regardless, she kicked me in the bathroom and shaved my hair and beard. I looked like a new man afterward. Both ways, since she made me bald. Light bulbs were never as popular as then.
Shortly thereafter, I found a job and everything worked out.
She left after the semester ended and said her job was done.
I've been looking for her ever since, for you see, I omitted to say she had a child.

For this week's Trifecta.

4 comments: